About Us
ICS
AIPMA
IIC
ICS(WUPC)

Quick Navigation
Home
About Us
Clusters in Chapter
Chairman Message
Photographs
Feedback
Enquiry
 
The Indian Ceramic Society (ICS)
Founded on April 15, 1928 in Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi under the dynamic guidance of Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya, a great educationist, with the primary objective of promoting friendship and co-operation among all those who are engaged in the manufacturing of ceramic products or in teaching of the ceramics or in any other way connected with ceramics and interested in the advancement of knowledge, art and technology connected therewith. The Society has 14 chapters with a membership of over 2000.

Department of Ceramic Technology was instituted in the Banaras Hindu University. This department flourished and did pioneering work along with its sister department of glass technology. Some other important decisions were taken by the Society after its revitalization, which included setting-up of the Society's Library and Museum.

If much of the credit for the Society's organisation and its inception goes to Mr. T. W. Talwalkar, such credit should also go to Prof. H. N. Roy for its revitalization and to give it a new life. He and Mr. M. M. Sur invited all the persons who were engaged in ceramics industry in India to give their best towards the advancement of the Society. They felt that to succeed as a body of national importance, their best efforts should be directed to bring out the publications and organise the activities of the Society in such a way so as to attain the standard of such Societies abroad. Their dream came true. The Society's publication, 'Transaction' was recognised to be of international standard.
 

Clusters in Chapter
  • Khurja
  • Firozabad
  • Kanpur
  • Dehradun
  • Kashipur
  • Moradabad
  • Roorkee
  • Meerut
  • Ghaziabad
  • Noida
  • Greater Noida
  • Agra
  • Mathrua

Welcome Messages